Meet the team
Prof. Declan O’Rourke
- Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Temple Street Children’s University Hospital
- UCD Assistant Clinical Professor/UCD Clinical Lecturer
- Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Trinity College Dublin
Declan O’Rourke is leading the in4kids expansion of paediatric clinical trials in neurology with his expertise in gene therapy studies and other interventional studies for Infants with spinal muscular atrophy and interventional clinical trials for children with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in Ireland. CHI Temple Street is part of the DMD Hub a network of trial sites with trained staff which are funded to carry out clinical trials for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
Childrens Health Ireland at Temple Street is the Centre for Neuromuscular clinical trials in Ireland. They have a dedicated Neuromuscular Clinical Trials Research Team including primary investigator, clinical trials nurse coordinator, clinical trials pharmacist and research physiotherapist. They are currently involved in a number of Clinical Trials for patients with neuromuscular diseases including Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- O’Rourke DJ, Twomey E, Lynch SA, King MD. Cortical dysplasia associated with the PTEN mutation in Bannayan Riley Ruvalcaba syndrome: a rare finding. Clin Dysmorphol. 2012 Apr;21(2):91-2. doi: 10.1097/MCD.0b013e328351639d. PMID: 22327138